What is GRAM？
The Gram token is the native utility token of TON and it is denoted by the TON triangular symbol. Gram will serve as the principal cryptocurrency for the in-app economy on Telegram and will also be available for external use. Until now, the only way to buy Gram tokens has been through private sale rounds, which were not open to the public. The Gram Token Sale on Liquid will be the first opportunity for the general public to buy Gram tokens. We anticipate Gram becoming one of the largest cryptocurrencies by market cap, as well as potentially the world’s most adopted cryptocurrency with the coming launch of TON to Telegram’s 260 million active users.
Gram will be used for a variety of services on TON:
- Commission ("gas") paid to TON nodes ("validators") for processing transactions and smart contracts.
- Stakes deposited by validators to be eligible to validate transactions and generate new blocks and coins.
- Capital lent out to validators in exchange for a share of their reward.
- Voting power required to support or oppose changes in the parameters of the protocol.
- Payment for services provided by apps built on the platform (TON Services). Payment for storing data securely in a decentralized way (TON Storage).
- Payment for registering blockchain-based domain names (TON DNS) and hosting TON-sites (TON WWW).
- Payment for hiding identity and IP addresses (TON Proxy)
- Payment for bypassing censorship imposed by local ISPs (TON Proxy).
- Gram will also be available for use outside of TON like any other cryptocurrency currently in the market.