[Last revised: 11 Jan 2019]
Please read this service agreement (hereinafter referred to as “this Agreement") and the additional terms carefully. When you click the button "register" or use the services through access, it means that you have read, understood and fully agreed to accept and comply with the content contained in this Agreement and the additional terms. If you do not agree to this Agreement and the additional terms, do not access or use the services.
This Agreement and the additional terms apply to your access to and use of any services provided by IOS Foundation (hereinafter referred as "IOST", "We", ”us” or "this/the Website"), including but not limited to the Website https://iost.biss.com and the mobile applications and exchange services provided by us (collectively, "this services"). The signing of other agreements related to the products provided by this Website will not affect the entry into force of this clause. If you are using the services on behalf of any institution, you declare and guarantee (a) that the institution is a legal institution in compliance with local laws and regulations, and (b) that you are entitled to accept the terms on behalf of the institution. If you violate this clause, the agency agrees to be responsible for your actions.
IOST reserves the right to change or modify the content of these terms at any time, including but not limited to any policies or guidelines on the Website. Before you register or use the services of this Website, you should review the Agreement and its updates frequently. We will post the revised version on the top of this Website with the date list of the last update. Any change will take effect immediately after posting update on the Website or as soon as the change is announced. Changes will continue to take effect. By continuing to use this Website, you accept these changes. If you do not agree with the terms, please stop using this Website and the related services immediately.
- You confirm and promise that: you shall be a natural person, legal person or other organization with the ability to sign this Agreement and the ability to use the services of this Website, as is provided by applicable laws, when you complete the registration process or when you use the services offered by this Website in any other manner as is otherwise permitted by this Website. Upon clicking on the button indicating that you agree to register, it shall be deemed that you yourself or your authorized agent agrees to the content of this Agreement and your authorized agent will register with this Website and use the services offered by this Website on your behalf. If you are not a natural person, legal person or organization with the above mentioned ability, you and your authorized agent shall bear all the consequences of that, and the company reserves the right to cancel or permanently freeze your account and to hold you and your authorized agent accountable.
- You agree to provide effective email address, mobile phone numbers and other information according to the requirements stated on the registration page of the Website. You can log in the Website with your provided or confirmed email address and mobile phone numbers or in other ways allowed. If necessary, you must provide your authentic name, ID card number or other information required by privacy policies, anti-money laundering laws and other laws and regulations and update your information on a regular basis to comply with the requirements on timeliness, concreteness and accuracy. All originally input information will be deemed as the information for registration. You should be responsible for authenticity, completeness and accuracy of all information and assume any direct or indirect losses or any unfavorable results incurred therefrom.
- If it is required to register your mobile phone numbers with your authentic name according to laws, regulations, rules, acts or other norms in the sovereign state or region you are located in, you agree that the mobile phone numbers for registration on the Website have been registered with your authentic name. Otherwise, you should assume any direct or indirect losses or any unfavorable results incurred therefrom.
- After providing all required information in compliance with laws and in completeness and going through verification process, you are entitled to obtain an account and its passwords on the Website which will be deemed as a successful registration. You can log in the Website with the account and passwords.
- You agree to receive emails and/or messages related to management and operation of the Website sent by the Website.
Description of services
- IOST provides an ERC-20 IOST voting platform, offerrs ERC-20 IOST voting platform services for digital asset trading，and Voters conduct Votes on the platform. Voters must open an account and stake IOST ERC-20 token before starting the vote. Voters may request withdrawal of IOST tokens subject to the limitations of this clause.
- IOST has taken reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information on the Website. However, We do not warrant the accuracy, suitability, reliability, completeness, performance and/or appropriateness of the content of any service or product provided on this Website. We do not take responsibility for any loss or damage caused, directly or indirectly, delay or failure of the information. The information and content on this Website is subject to change without notice and is solely to assist users in making independent decisions. IOST takes no responsibility for the use or interpretation of such information.
- IOST stresses the importance of platform security and will try every effort to provide services to users and ensure the continuity, stability (Notifications will be issued during downtime, maintenance, or system upgrades) and security of services; however, IOST cannot anticipate and prevent legal, technical and other risks at all times, including but not limited to force majeure, viruses, Trojans, hacking, system instability, third-party service defects, government actions, and other reasons may result in service interruption, delay, data loss and other losses and risks beyond IOST’s control or from third party causes and IOST does not take responsibility for damages.
- IOST reserves the right to cancel the abnormal vote result and roll back any vote for a period of time due to system failure, network reason, unexpected attack such as DDos and other unexpected factors that may lead to abnormal vote, market interruption and other possible abnormalities.
- Some of IOST's services are provided on a fee-based mode. If you use paid services, please follow the relevant agreements. IOST may modify and change the charge standard and method of the paid services according to actual needs. IOST may also charge some of the free services. IOST will notify or announce on the corresponding service page before any modify, change or charging mentioned above. If you do not agree with the above modifies, changes or paid content, you should stop using the services.
- IOST will not ask for your password. The use of IOST shall be deemed that IOST is not responsible for any loss due to the above and related circumstances.
- Vote Abnormality Handling: You agree and approve that when using the services, the services may be unable due to digital currency network connection problems or other force majeure factors. You ensure that the information entered is correct. When the above anomalies happen and information is not correct, so you cannot be promptly notified the follow-up vote processing, the Website does not undertake any liability for loss.
- You agree that due to operational and voteal security needs, this Website may temporarily stop providing or restrict some functions of the service or provide new functions. When any function is reduced, increased or changed, as long as you are still using the services, you still indicated agree to the Agreement or the changed Agreement.
- When using the Website and other related services, you confirm that all information related to IOST is true, accurate and complete. When this Website reasonably suspects that the information you provide is wrong, untrue, invalid or incomplete, this Website shall have the right to notify you to correct or update the information, or suspend or terminate its supply of the services to you.
Content of Services
- You have the right to browse the real-time votes and candidate information of all the candidates on this Website, to submit vote instructions and to complete the vote through this Website.
- You have the right to view information under the member accounts on this Website and to apply the functions provided by this Website.
- You have the right to participate in the Website activities organized by this Website in accordance with the rules of activities posted on this Website.
- Other services that this Website promises to offer to you.
By accessing or using IOST’s services, you undertake to comply with the following service rules of this Website:
- You shall comply with the provisions of applicable laws, regulations, rules, and policy requirements, and ensure the legality of the source of all digital assets in your account, and shall refrain from engaging in any illegal activities or other activities that damages the rights and interests of this Website or any third party, such as sending or receiving information that is illegal, illicit or infringes on the rights and interests of any other person, sending or receiving pyramid scheme information or information or remarks causing other harms, unauthorized use or falsification of the email header information of this Website, inter alia.
- You shall comply with applicable laws and regulations and properly use and keep your account in this Website and login password, password of your financial votes, and the mobile phone number bound with your account that you provide upon registration of your account, as Well as the security of the verification codes received via your mobile phone. You shall be solely responsible for any and all your operations carried out using your account with this Website and login password, financial vote password, verification codes sent to your mobile phone, as Well as all consequences of such operations. When you find that your account with this Website, your login password, financial vote password, or mobile phone verification codes is used by any unauthorized third party, uncover any other problem relating to the security of your account, you shall inform this Website in a prompt and effective manner, and request this Website to temporarily suspend the services to your account with this Website. This Website shall have the right to take action on your request within a reasonable time; nonetheless, this Website does not bear any liability for the consequences that have arisen before such action is taken, including but not limited to any loss that you may sustain. You may not assign your account with this Website to any other person by way of donation, lending, leasing, transfer or otherwise without the consent of this Website.
- You agree to take responsibility for all activities (including but not limited to information disclosure, information release, online click-approving or submission of various agreements on rules, online renewal of agreements or purchase service) using your account and password with this Website.
- In your digital asset votes on this Website, you may not maliciously interfere with the normal proceeding of the digital asset vote or disrupt the vote order; you may not use any technical means or other means to interfere with the normal operation of this Website or interfere with the other users' use of the services; you may not maliciously defame the business goodwill of this Website on the ground of falsified fact.
- If any dispute arises between you and any other user in connection with online vote, you may not resort to any means other than judicial or governmental means to request this Website to provide relevant information.
- All taxes payable as well as all fees relating to hardware, software and services that are incurred by you in the course of using the services provided by this Website shall be solely borne by you.
- You shall abide by this Agreement and other terms of service and operating rules that this Website may release from time to time, and you have the right to terminate your use of the services provided by this Website at any time.
- You agree that IOST is entitled to unilaterally determine that you violates any of the foregoing agreements and takes action, including, but not limited to, blocking and closing order requests, freezing accounts, reporting incidents to authorities， publishing alleged violations and actions taken and deleting any illegal information you post without notice. If your violation causes any loss to the third party, you shall bear all legal liabilities on your behalf, and guarantee IOST from the penalty or additional costs and other losses. If any loss，including the third party claims for compensation, or punishment by the administrative authority, is caused by your violation, you will bear the loss caused by your violation, including the attorney's fee.
When voting with IOST ERC-20 token, you shall understand that the price of digital asset is very unstable, which may lead to partial or total losses, and you should determine the amount of investment with the amount of losses you can afford. Here, we caution:
- The price of IOST is unconfirmed, and will not necessarily expand;
- Digital assets are primarily used by speculators, and are used relatively less on retail and commercial markets; digital asset tansactions are highly risky, due to the fact that they are traded throughout the day without limits on the rise or fall in price, and market makers and global government policies may cause major fluctuations in IOST’s price;
- IOST may suspend or terminate your account or use of this services, or the processing of your vote, at any time if it determines in its sole discretion that you have violated this Agreement or that its provision or your use of this services in your jurisdiction is unlawful.
When you use the services, the company has the right to collect service fees from you, according to relevant rules. IOST has the right to formulate and adjust the service fee. The specific service fee to be charged while using IOST service and form of charging shall be announced on the IOST Website or other written agreements agreed between users and IOST Website.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless IOST, its affiliates, contractors, licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any claims and damages (including attorneys’ fees, fines or penalties imposed by any regulatory authority) arising out of your breach or our enforcement of this Agreement. This shall also apply to your violation of any applicable law, regulation, or this Agreement during your use of the Website services and account.
Termination of Agreement
This Website shall have the right to cancel your account with this Website in accordance with this Agreement, and this Agreement shall be terminated on the date of the cancellation of your account. After the termination of this Agreement, you do not have the right to require this Website to continue to provide you with any service or perform any other obligation, including, but not limited to, requesting this Website to keep or disclose to you any information in your former original account, or to forward to you or any third party any information therein that is not read or sent. The termination of this Agreement shall not prevent the observant party from demanding the breaching party to assume other liabilities.
- The account is subject to a governmental proceeding, criminal investigation or other pending litigation
- We detect unusual activity in the account
- We detect unauthorized access to the account
- We are required to do so by a court order or command by a regulatory/government authority
In case of any of the following events, IOST shall have the right to directly terminate this agreement by cancelling your account, and shall have the right to permanently freeze (cancel) the authorizations of your account on IOST and withdraw the corresponding IOST account thereof:
- after IOST terminates services to you,
- you allegedly register or register in any other person’s name as IOST user again, directly or indirectly;
- the main content of user’s information that you have provided is untruthful, inaccurate, outdated or incomplete;
- when this agreement (including the rules) is amended, you expressly state and notify IOST of your unwillingness to accept the amended service agreement;
- any other circumstances where IOST deems it should terminate the services.
Compliance with local laws
It is your personal responsibility to determine whether and to what extent you will pay the relevant tax authorities the amount of tax on any vote made through service. Besides, It is the responsibility of you to abide by local laws in relation to the legal usage of IOST in their local jurisdiction. IOST maintains a stance of cooperation with law enforcement authorities globally and will not hesitate to seize, freeze, terminate the account and funds of users which are flagged out or investigated by legal mandate.
IOST strives its best to maintain the data integrity on its site but does not guarantee the information and services provided in its platform. IOST will not be liable for errors arising from the use of its services.
Complaints and Suggestions
If you have any complaints, feedback or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you are contacting us, please provide your name and email address as well as other information we may need to identify you, as well as the Vote information involved in the questions or complaints you have responded to.